Dave Cheney posted 10/21/2013
Open Positions: Many positions still remain open for the 2013-2014 Season. Please contact either Caroline Bell Beckman or Shari Troje, co- Presidents of the BLC, if you are able to help with any of the following:
- Poster & Team Photos: This person will arrange to have David Banks come to the Super Rink (SR) before a Sunday practice for individual and team photos. S/he will also arrange for Commemorative Graphics to take pictures for the team poster on the same day.
- Youth Knight: This person is in charge of coordinating and running a Youth Knight with the IYHA during a scheduled home game. S/he will purchase snacks and drinks for the youth players, arrange for six youth players to be on the ice with the starting varsity line-up, take on-ice pictures, and set-up the youth scrimmage in between the first and second periods of the varsity game.
- Senior Knight: This event is usually coordinated by the current season’s junior parents. They are responsible for coordinating the space with the SR, purchasing and serving cake and beverages, decorating, hanging the seniors’ jerseys on the glass, taking photos, and obtaining senior recognition items for the event. This event is usually held upstairs at the SR after a home game towards the end of the season.
- End of Season DVD: This person is responsible for compiling photos and videos taken during the season into one DVD with music to be played at the end of the season banquet. Copies of the DVD are then given to players, managers and coaches.
- End of Season Banquet: This person(s) is in charge of setting-up and running the end of season banquet which takes place in March once the season is over. This includes coordinating the invite/RSVP, ordering the food, decorating, and arranging for senior recognition items. All coaches, players, managers, and players’ families are invited. The banquet has been held at Moe’s the last couple of years, but there is discussion about moving the banquet to a larger space.
Important Dates to Remember: Please add the following dates to your ISA Family Hockey Calendars:
- Sunday, October 20th: Program ads and artwork due to Barb Larson at Sunday Knight Ice
- Friday, October 25th: Herberger’s Community Days Fundraiser, 6:00-8:00 p.m., Herberger’s, Rosedale Mall
- Saturday, November 2nd: Ramsey County Compost Fundraiser, Times TBD, Arden Hills Compost Site
- Sunday, November 3rd: Impact Fundraiser, 12:00-4:00, Location TBD
- Friday, November 8th: Herberger’s Community Days Fundraiser, 6:00-8:00 p.m., Herberger’s, Rosedale Mall
- Thursday, November 14th: Player Equipment Hand-out & Player Pictures, Time & Location TBD
- Friday, November 15th: Parent Meeting, New Helmets Handed-out & Program Ad $ Due, Time and Location TBD
- Saturday, November 16th: Owatonna Scrimmages
- Wednesday, November 20th: Rochester Varsity Scrimmage, Time TBD
- Wednesday, November 27th: Alumni Scrimmage, 7:30 p.m., Super Rink- Blaine